Friday, January 11, 2008

Mary J.

I never though I would be a Mary J.Blige fan,but guess what?With the 'Growing Pains' cd, I have become a very big fan of Mary J.Her throwback 1980's r&b style is so catchy you can't help but love her.

Of course she wears her heart on her sleeve...that-plus her very sexy down to earth vocals-really make you love her.Her stand out songs are "Work That'(which starts off the cd)quickly followed by,'Grown Woman'.These song of empowerment really grew on me and like most of the rest of the album I found myself singing them at work.

I also liked,'Til The Morning'and Roses'.Though both of these songs understandably understate the reason why men can not figure out women.In 'Til The Morning' Mary J. sings,'Touch me/Hold me/Kiss me closely/Teach me/Show me/Enjoy me.' Believe me,brother,it does not get much more erotic and sensual then that.

But in the very next song,'Rose',Mary J.sings a very different tune.She sings about just not wanting to be bothered.She sings about someone just pushing her buttons and it being her way or the highway.Geez!Talk about hormonal!This is just the kind of thing that makes a man go...'Huh?!?'

Honestly,you gotta love it.

My favorite songs though are the wonderful,'Fade Away,' and the hauntingly beautiful,'Come To Me(Peace)'.These are just exceptional songs:Exceptional!

I also found myself singing,'Work In Progress(Growing Pains)';'What Love Is' and the awesome 'Stay Down'.

Sometimes it feels like Mary J is channeling Micheal Jackson,but that is a very good thing.

The cd cover and insides also added to the whole experience.My only exception is that Mary thanks all of her managers,lawyers and planners by name,but she only gives a quick shout out to the musicians that played on the album...without naming a single one.
And outside of Tina Fey,Mary J. Blige has the sexiest scar on the face of the planet.WoW!
Sometimes I just need a HUG!:-)


B+

4 comments:

Dharma said...

Yuck. The only good song she has ever sang was the duet with Bono.

What If There Is dog? said...

Hey!Don't put down Mary J.!

Dharma said...

I thought that it was an open forum where opinions were discussed. So, disagreement is not allowed?

What If There Is dog? said...

Oh yes,disagree all you want...
...we could even arm wrestle,but I would win