Friday, October 24, 2008

FREE WEEK # 12




OK,OK,I may have just jumped the gun on this one....maybe bent the rules just a tad waiting until Tuesday to go to Wally's World to purchase this cd...but what the hey...This is new AC/DC my good man.
*
And I bet I am not the only one.
*
This is old school area rock & roll.Loud and proud.Balls to the metal,buddy.This is the kind of stuff they used to crank from the Greek houses on late Friday nights.This is the stuff of legend that they used to jam to from everything from old Chevy pick-ups to souped up Trans Am Firebirds.
*
Yet,it isn't.I suppose every song deserves airplay on the radio.Yet,there isn't a stand out song in the bunch.I don't know why this fact bothers me.This is a very hard rock album.
*
Maybe that's it...it makes AC/DC seem-for all of it's noise-somewhat-safe.There doesn't seem to be that old anti-anthem feel to the whole cd.
*
There is no,'For Those About To Rock' mutten chops on this cd.
Besides this vague minute point{I mean AC/DC was never meant to be a thinking man's kind of artsy fartsy rock group-you rock out to AC/DC-not sit back like it's Pink Floyd or something} I have no disclaimers to this long awaited cd.
*
This-only can be purchases at Wal-Mart-release rock and rolls.If you can't rock out to,'She Likes Rock & Roll' and 'Decibel' you can't rock out.
*
The same can be said for the whole of 'Black Ice'.Turn it up.Crank it out.Play it loud.
*
*
*
B

No comments: