Friday, April 11, 2008

Day 26

DAY26




Brian Andrews,Michael McCluney,Qwanell "Q" MosleyRobert,Curry,Willie Taylor are 'Day26',the season four 'Making The Band' winners.

To my surprise they aren't actually that bad.The reason I voice my surprise is that they raise above the bland production values of the MTv reality show's main producer,Sean'Puffy' Combs.Puff Daddy constantly amazes me by how he can drain all individually out most things he produces now-a-days.I believe it to be a sin to make soulless R&B.That is what Puffy does.Production tricks should have very limited access to a R&B group.The voices should rule.

And Day26 uses it's voices much better then a newly formed band should have a right to.

That doesn't mean that I can always tell which singer is leading or singing solo.The harmony is also pretty faceless,also.But if I accept Day26 for Day26,what you have here is a quite enjoyable cd.

'Got Me Going' deserves to be a hit on the radio,but it is not the only song that I found myself tapping my foot to.

'Co Star' had a very nice sound.So did 'Come With Me'.If fact,I think 'Come With Me' is probably my favorite song on the cd.'If It Wasn't For You' is yet another very nice smooth sounding song.I also liked 'Ain't Going' with Danity Kane,the other Making The band winner.

But will Day26 expand on their next album?I seriously doubt it.I don't believe that there will be another album.At least not with Day26 as they are now.

The problem is that these five handsome young men are the product of a reality show.There is probably not much beyond that show to hold them together.I suppose they all will break off to do solo careers.
Day26 was a nice deversion from the coming and goings of this week's events,though I doubt I will remember much of cd beyond this week.Sometimes that is enough.
C

No comments: