Friday, November 28, 2008

Taylor Swift

FEARLESS




There is a nice quality to Taylor Swift's music that I can't quite put my finger on.It is not her voice.Her voice is quite singular in tone;it cracks;squeaks off key and is somewhat immature.

It's not the instruments.They are played to a rather bland loudless that leaves them more or less under enjoyed.

Maybe it is Taylor's earnestness.

I have a friend that says it's her barely legal beauty.He calls it,The Disney Effect'-duded up youngsters that make young kids admire their work and parents admire their looks.

That seems somewhat too jaded and evil for my taste.I mean,yes,Taylor Swift is an attractive young lady.There is nothing wrong with that.I keep getting the feeling that if she wiped off the overly applied eye make-up that her chubby cheeks would make her lots younger.

My guess is that she probably walks down the street pretty much anonymously.Her very age appropriate outfits are probably just that:costumes for her stage persona.

If not,so what?what's wrong with being young and beautiful?

And talented.

Unlike most of her peers,Taylor Swift actually takes part in writing her song choices.In fact on,'Fearless' she is given writing credits on every single tune on the cd.

In most cases when a young star or starlet is given writing credits,it usually just for adding a word or two.That can not be the case with Ms.Swift because on 7 of the 13 songs she is given sole credit.

And though most of her songs do sound similar,hey,so doesn't most of 'The Stones' stuff?An album chaulk full of radio singles.

I guess that is what I like about Taylor Swift's music.Yeah,maybe it is created to be big parts in a great big HIT factory,but so what.

It's all part of it.Song,video,tour.$$$.Fun is had by all.Heck,it could be allot worse.

My favorite songs are:'Love Story'(of course);'Fifteen' and 'The Way I Loved You'.

B-

No comments: